HP Printers are a well-known printing, scanning, and faxing device that can be seen all over the world. HP Printer Not Responding Many people like to use this brand’s printers because of its cost-effective and high-quality printing solution. It offers a number of impressive features that make printing a breeze. However, this does not rule out the possibility of encountering technical difficulties while printing documents, photographs, or other important items. In truth, there are situations when you send a Print command on Windows or MacOS and HP Printer Not Responding MacBook. It will be pointless to get upset in such a situation; alternatively, try to find an effective solution to the problem.
HP Printers are a well-known printing, scanning, and faxing device that can be seen all over the world. Many people like to use this brand’s printers because of its cost-effective and high-quality printing solution. HP Printer Not Responding Windows 10 It offers a number of impressive features that make printing a breeze. However, this does not rule out the possibility of encountering technical difficulties while printing documents, photographs, or other important items. In truth, there are situations when you send a Print command on Windows or MacOS and HP Printer does not respond. It will be useless to get frustrated in such a situation; therefore, try to find an effective solution to the problem.
The Reasons For The HP Printer Not Responding Issue
The Printer Is Not Responding problem is caused by a number of various situations. Some of them are listed below. Once you’ve checked out,
- A USB cable it’s not working properly.
- The cable connection is loose.
- A printer’s connection to the system is loose.
- Incorrect or incomplete printer software installation.
- My Printer Is Not Responding could be caused by a missing printer driver installed on your computer.
- It’s possible that the driver is corrupted or damaged.
- Most probably, there are just not enough papers in the printer tray.
- The ink cartridge is no longer available.
Solutions To Fix HP Printer Not Responding Issue
We’ve detailed some genuine and effective methods for resolving the HP Printer Not Responding Problems. As a result, implement the following problem-solving approaches one at a time until the issue is resolved. Let’s get started:
Solution 1: Double-check your printer’s connections.
If you receive an HP Printer Not Responding to Print Command notice, you should check and verify the printer connection right away. The majority of the time, such an issue arises as a result of a connectivity problem. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Shut down your PC first, then switch off your HP printer and any other external components that are connected to it.
- Unplug all of the cables now and wait around 2-3 minutes.
- Restart your computer after properly connecting all of the cables.
- Wait for your printer to get silent and inactive.
- You can also put your printer to the test by connecting it to another computer.
- Check all of the cables that are utilized to connect the gadgets. Make sure all cables are properly connected.
- If the printer is connected through USB, try attaching it to a different USB port.
- If the HP Printer Still Isn’t Working, try the following option.
You may also Read- What are the Most Common Printer Problems 2021-2022?
Solution 2: The Print Spooler Service should be reactivated.
Windows relies on the Print Spooler service to print without interruption. However, there are several difficulties with this service that can cause the HP Printer Not Responding to Computer. In moreover, restarting the spooler service should resolve the printer issues and everything should work again. So, to perform the same, follow the instructions below:
- To use the Run command, press Windows Key + R at the same time.
- In the search area, type “services. MSc.”
- Now press “Enter” or the “OK” button.
- The Services window will appear after that.
- Select the “Print Spooler” option from the drop-down menu, and then double-click it.
- Place a single click on the “Properties” window to open it.
- To start the service, change the Startup type to “Automatic” and click the “Start” button.
- If the service isn’t working properly, go to the System Status tab and click the “Stop” button. After that, click “OK.”
- Wait a few minutes before clicking the “Start” button once more.
- Restart your computer now to test whether the Printer Isn’t Responding whether or not the error has been resolved.
If the first solution doesn’t work, try the next one.
Solution 3: Double-check that the printer is set up properly.
Here’s how to find out more:
- To start, go to your Windows Desktop and click Control Panel.
- Go to the “Devices and Printers” area now.
- From the list of printers, locate your printer and right-click it.
- Select the “Printer properties” tab now.
- Go to the “Ports” tab.
- Make sure that the right port is selected.
- Finally, click “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes.
Check that the printer is responding after making all of these simple adjustments. If the problem persists, move on to the next option.
Solution 4: Reinstall the printer driver
If your HP printer is still not responding, try reinstalling the printer driver. Here’s how you can do it:
- To use the Run command, first hit the “Windows + R” keys on your keyboard.
- Now, in the Run chat box, type “devmgmt.msc” and press “Enter.”
- Increase the size of the Printers category. Then select the printer you want to use and right-click it.
- Select “Uninstall device” from the drop-down menu.
- Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device,” and then confirm by clicking “Uninstall.”
- The Printers category has now been deactivated.
- Reinstall the most recent printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Your printer will start to reply once you have installed the upgraded version of the printer driver on your PC. However, if it is still not working, continue on to the next option.
Related Blogs- Steps to Fix HP Scanner Not Working Error
Solutions 5: Make your printer the default printer.
The HP Printer Not Responding problem will most likely occur if your printer is not set as the default. Check it out first to make sure it’s set to the default option. If not, take the following steps:
- To start, open your Windows system’s Cortana Search Box and type default printer into the search field.
- Select “Change default printer” to open the window immediately.
- You may now see the option “Let Windows control my default printer” in the bottom left of that window.
- If this feature is enabled, flip the button to turn it off.
- Go to the “Devices and Printers” tab in the Control Panel now. Also, check sure your default printer has a green tick next to it.
- You can also right-click on the printer and choose “Set as default printer” from the menu.
The cause of the HP Printer Not Responding on Windows issue has now been eliminated. We’ll look at how to f in the next section.
HP Support Assistance at any Time.
If the HP Printer Not Responding problem continues after following the above instructions, please contact us. We are a team of skilled experts that work very hard from morning until night to provide you with one-stop HP Support right at your doorstep. So, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number, HP Scanner Not Working Error which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and join us. It is a given that if you follow our instructions, your printer will begin to work properly.