Great! You have an HP laptop, and it’s causing you problems, right? Don’t worry, we’re only trying to help you find a solution to your problem. Several HP Laptop users have discovered that touchpads do not react well when working on Windows 10. Finding the root cause will be the first step toward resolving this issue. Is it because of out-of-date hardware, software incompatibility, corrupted files, configured touchpads, or incompatible drivers? Check out the steps below to get the right solution to your HP Laptop Touchpad Not Working problem.
Take the Actions indicated Below HP Laptop Touchpad not Working in Windows 10?
Update your Touchpad Driver.
- Go to the driving manager. To use it, press the Windows key + X.
- The sensitivity of mice and other pointing devices has increased.
- Then, by clicking right on the HP touchpad option, select properties.
- Change to the driver tab and select Update Driver from the drop-down menu.
- Choose an option look for a driver on my computer.
- Next, select the option that allows you to choose from a list of drivers on your computer.
- Click Next after selecting a HID-compliant device from the list.
- Finally, complete the driver installation, restart your computer, and save your changes.
You May Also Read- Top 4 Solution to Resolve HP Driver Installation Error 1627
Reinstall Driver of Mouse
- By using the Windows key + R, you can access the control panel.
- Increase the sensitivity of the mouse and other pointing devices.
- Then, using the right-click option on the touchpad, select the uninstall option.
- If it asks for confirmation, select yes.
- After that, restart your computer to save your changes.
- Windows will install the default mouse drivers on a regular basis, which will fix HP Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10.
- If your mouse driver does not install, you must manually download and install the mouse driver from the company’s website.
Related Blogs- How To Fix HP Printer 6830 Printhead Error ?
- Using the function keys, enable the touchpad.
- Use BIOS to activate touchpad after a clean boot of the operating system.
- To enable the touchpad, go to the settings.
- In the mouse properties, enable the touchpad option.
- HP Diagnostic should be run.
Hopefully, by following all of the steps listed above, you will be able to resolve the HP Laptop Touchpad Not Working Properly issue. If you continue to have problems, you can call the HP Support staff at HP Support Phone Number.