Brother is a name in the world of printers that pops up in your mind when people think about state-of-the-art technology, quality, and comfort of use. Not only are the printers made by the technology company Brother easy on the pocket, they operate most of the time perfectly. Brother Printer in error state, however, is an issue that from time – to – time has bugged one and many users. In this post, we will give you the answers to those questions of how to fix Brother Printer in Error State. You should try some basic troubleshooting techniques to solve the brother printer in error state problems instead of trying complicated solutions from the start.
Reasons behind Brother Printer in Error State
In an error state problem, there are a variety of reasons that might relate to the brother printer. Some factors that may contribute to this problem are paper jams or bad connections. If you have made real changes to the software or if the printer has low ink, it may also lead to a problem with the error status. Now that we understand some of the possible reasons behind this error, let’s take a look at all the solutions that will help you fix this error.
Brother Printer in Error State? Here’s How to Fix it
Steps-1 Ensure the Printer’s Status is Online
Your Brother printer can be either offline or in an online status. If your printer shows that it is offline, it could be due to the printer’s era or a software error. To interact with this error, just follow these basic steps:
- Open the control panel by searching.
- Go to and open the ‘hardware and sound’ option.
- Now click on the View devices and printers option
- Choose your printer, right-click on it and choose the option ‘Set as default printer’
- Once the printer has been selected as your default option, right-click on it and choose the option ‘See what’s printing’
- Look at the top left corner and choose the option for the printer
- Remove the checkmark from the pause printing option and select the offline option to use the printer.
- Please restart your printer and hopefully you’ve taken care of the error message.
Related Article- How to Fix Epson Printer Error 0xEA Code?
Steps-2 Check if the Printer Spooler Service Works Correctly
The Printer Spooler Service is a process that performs all the commands that are sent to the printer from your PC. If you restart this service, all the current print jobs will be removed and you will be able to start again.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to restart the service:-
- Key in ‘cmd’ from the search box.
- When the prompt for the command appears, right-click it and run it as an administrator.
- Select the option ‘Yes’ .
- Type in the net stop spooler in the command prompt, and hit the enter button.
- Type in the net start spooler and press the enter button once you receive the message that the service has stopped.
- Close the command prompt and restart your device until you receive a message confirming that the service has started again.
Related Blog- How to Connect HP Printer to Mac Wireless?
Steps- 3 Clear the Brother Printer Spooler Files
- Open your system’s c-drive.
- Open the folder for Windows, then open the folder for System 32 and scan for the spool folder.
- Click the OK button in the spool folder.
- Delete all files in the folder, then respond ‘yes’ if you get a prompt.
- Restart the Computer.
Steps-4 Ensure the Security of PnP is Allowed
Legacy plug and play, or PnP, is a service that should always be available on a Windows 10 device in particular. Only follow these simple steps to activate it:
- From the search box, open the system manager.
- Key in the search box at devmgmt.msc and press enter.
- Select the Device Manager
- Go to the display option and choose ‘show hidden computer’ Go to the ports options and right-click on them.
- Look for the option for ECP Printer and open its properties
- Now go to the general tab and select Port Configuration
- Look for and select the ‘Use any interrupt select’ option.
- Be sure to check the ‘Allow Legacy PnP’ option as well.
- Click the OK button to save the changes,
We are sure that you will face no problems in solving the Brother Printer in error state issue after going through all the steps listed above. If you’re stuck somewhere, but anyway, or need more help, then feel free to reach us and we’ll try our best to help you out.
Call Brother Printer Support Number +1-888-401-4846 to get Connect with Brother Printer Support Assistant
Keeping your comfort in mind, we ensure that you can use our services in various respects. By using any of our channels you can reach our Brother Printer Support Assistant team. We’ve got three distinct communication media. Go for whatever is more convenient for you; 24×7 is accessible to all our help lines.
You can contact us for more information if you want to know about a brother printer drum error or how to connect a brother printer to WiFi.