Looking to Cancel Print Queue on HP Printer? Here Learn How to Cancel Print Job on HP Printer by HP Printer Experts Just call +1-866-231-0111 Toll-Free. It one of the most challenging issues that we face as computer users are printing issues. This article describes what you can try if you have a problem trying to cancel a print job or if you have a problem trying to remove a print job from the print queue. This documentation is for Windows-based HP printers and computers. The printer is unable to print from a device because print job is stuck in the print queue. It is not possible to cancel or delete this stuck print job and it prevents more print jobs from printing. Clicking Cancel on the job in the queue nothing to.
Here are Steps How to Cancel Print Queue on HP Printer?
- Fix 1 – Clear the print queue
- Restart the Print Spooler Service
- Use Command Prompt to Clear Stuck Files
- Create a Bat file for permanent use
- Fix 2 – Reinstall your printer driver
Fix 1: Clear the Print Queue
You have three choices for clearing the queue for printing. You don’t have to try any one of them; just take your choice.
Steps 1: Restart the Spooler Print Service
- On your keyboard, to open the Run box, press the Windows logo key + R at the same time.
- Type in services.msc in the Run window and press Enter.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and erase all folder files. (The folder itself should NOT be deleted.)
- Right-click Print Spooler in the Services window and select Start.
- Go back to the line for the Print Job. All print jobs should have been deleted now and you can normally start printing again.
Are you having problems deleting files? You need to stop the Printer Spooler first before you uninstall the files in the PRINTERS folder. Otherwise, an error message informs you something like that the operation can't be completed because the file is open. Do not forget to restart the service again after deleting the files.
Steps 2: Use Command Prompt to Clear Stuck Files
The easiest way to clear the print queue using this command window. It takes just a couple of requests:
- In the search window, type cmd and run it as the administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter the following commands separately:
Net stop spooler del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q /F /S net start spooler
This will clear all of your print jobs stuck in queue.
Related Article- How to Fix Epson Printer Error 0xEA Code?
Steps 3: Create a Bat file for permanent use
There is also a permanent fix for you to use it, if you don’t want to go through all the trouble again and again. Create your own batch file, and each time you want to clear the print queue, you just need to open it. Here is how it should be done:
- Open Notepad or Notepad+++ with Notepad (but not word processor like Microsoft Word.)
- Enter the lines below:
Spooler net stop
del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers* /Q /F /S
net start spooler
Next, click File > Save As…
- Changes the form of file to All Files
- Whatever you like, name your file, but add that .bat suffix.
- Make sure the Encoding type is ANSI.
- Only save the file. (Note where you’re saving the file.)
- Double click the batch file to clear the print queue anytime you want.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Printer Driver
The main reason is a wrong or outdated printer driver if your print jobs are still stuck in the queue. So you can update the driver of your printer to see if your problem is solved.
There are two ways the printer driver can be updated: manually or automatically.
Option 1: Manually install the HP Printer Driver.
Manufacturers of printers like HP, Canon, Brother, Dell, Epson continue to release new printer drivers to fix errors and boost performance. To get them, you can go to the website of your printer manufacturer (always in the Help or Download section) and download and manually install the new driver.
Option 2: Automatic HP Printer Driver Update (Recommended)
You can do it automatically with Driver Simple if you don’t have the time, ability or technical skills to update your audio driver manually. Driver Simple can understand your system automatically and find your device’s right driver.
You don’t have to know exactly what device is running on your computer, you don’t have to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about installing an error. The Easy Driver handles everything.
Related Blogs- How to Resolve HP Printer Installation Error 2753?
- Upload and install your Easy Driver.
- Click on the Scan Now button and run Driver Easy. Driver Easy will then search your computer for any issue drivers and identify them.
- To automatically download the correct version of that driver, press the Update button next to the sound card driver, and then you can install it manually (you can do this with the FREE version).
- Click Uninstall All to download and install automatically the correct version of all the drivers on your device that are missing or out of date. (The Pro edition requires this. You’ll get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. When you press Update All, you’ll be prompted to upgrade.)
- For the changes to come into effect, restart your computer.
- Try again with printing. Now your printer should be functioning right.
Hopefully, now your printer can function like a charm. However, if your printer is stuck in the queue with none of the above solutions, please check the USB or Wireless connection to make sure your printer interacts well with your device or mobile phone.
Call Printer Customer Support Number +1-866-231-0111 for Printer Error Repair Services:
Our technical specialists solve thousands of configuration and installation problems every day. In this procedure, we understand that technically unsound customers usually face different problems and if you don’t have any knowledge then don’t attempt and Make more mistakes. Instead, seek credible assistance and immediately fix problems of How to Cancel Print Queue on HP Printer. Printer Support Number +1-866-231-0111 is therefore accessible 24 * 7 to provide services for various printer products. So, seek help from our technical experts with adequate outcomes and get immediate solution.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to share us a comment.