While working with Canon printer, users may encounter various error codes. Canon Printer Error Code 5100 is one such error code that the users usually face. The users generally meet with this error code when the ink-tank of their Canon printer is not seated correctly, or there is a paper jam issue. However, you may face this error code due to many other problems. But, there is nothing to worry as there are important fixes for the problem as well.
This error code may happen owing to multiple other causes in Canon printer. But the top cause is the paper jam problem. If you can’t fix the issue on your own, you can also seek specialist assistance. Canon Printer Customer Care Service specialists will take care of the issue very effectively and provide you with simple doorstep alternatives.
Reasons for Canon Printer Error Code 5100
There could be various reasons which forcing your printer to display the Printer Error 5100 notification. These include:
- There might be a paper jam inside the machine
- The ink tank might need to be correctly installed
- The protective material might be preventing the print head from moving properly
- There might be debris in the carriage head
- A minor glitch occurs due to improper boot-up or shut down process.
How to Fix Canon 5100 Error Issue?
Error Code 5100, unfortunately, shows a hardware issue in your printer. If the mistake results from a poor motor / gear / belt, bent / damaged rail, or poor printhead, you can do nothing but replace the product immediately. But, If the issue is the consequence of a defective environment or washing of associated items, we will have a solution that you can use to solve the issue. So, let’s jump to the primary subject without wasting more time.
Solution-1: Reset the Printer Ink Cartridges
- Then, you need to unplug the printer from the power outlet.
- Alternatively, lift out both the ink cartridges and close the cover.
- Again, plug the power cable and press the ‘On/Off’ button.
- Wait until the printer identifies the cartridges before trying to print.
Solution-2: Check for Jammed Paper Inside the Printer
- Turned off the printer by pressing the On/Off button located on the left side of the printer.
- After that, open the cover of the printer and look inside the printer for finding any tiny object.
- Make sure that you notice any stray pieces of paper along the paper usual route.
Solution-3: Check the Tape of the Cartridges
If the Printer Error 5100 problem occurs after a fresh cartridge has been installed and there is no problem like a wrong alignment or an inaccurate cartridge seat, then the next thing you should do is inspect your fresh Canon Ink Cartridge Tape.
Canon Printer Customer Care Number +1-888-401-4846 for Printer Repair
You can dial up the toll-free Canon Printer Customer Service Number to speak to Canon’s customer support team authorities and get your problem solved in a short time. You can also contact the professionals at their email address via mailing. In addition, by chatting with the professionals and receiving instant and on – the-spot alternatives to fix the Canon printer problem, you can make the most of the live chat option.